POSITION: Accounting/Gift Processing Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
PRIMARY LOCATION: 29 Lowell St., Lewiston, ME 04240
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full time
You are a detail-oriented, highly organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As the Dempsey Center’s Accounting/Gift Processing Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting key financial functions of the Dempsey Center and Dempsey Challenge, allowing us to further the Dempsey Center’s mission of making life better for people managing the impact of cancer.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounting/Gift Processing Specialist will assist with, but not limited to the finance functions of accounts payable, pledge and gift processing. Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices; responsible for donor data and gift entry to ensure that all cash and non-cash gifts, stock donations, and pledge payments are accurately reported in the Raiser’s Edge database and integrated with our various platforms including Team Raiser.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including ensuring proper documentation and approvals are maintained.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing payment.
- Paying vendors by scheduling payment and ensuring payment is received; generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance.
- Continuing to improve the payment process.
- Applying all applicable sales tax regulations, and IRS reporting requirements relative to reportable income.
- Maintaining historical vendor and donor records.
- Overseeing the administration of the recordkeeping and database management of our donor information.
- Assisting management with the construction of queries, exports and reports from our donor database system.
- Overseeing gift processing which entails entering gifts, importing gift data from our online system, reconciling gift information with finance and the development team, and executing gift acknowledgment in a timely manner.
- Responding to data requests such as mailing lists and prospect lists quickly and accurately.
- Serving as the liaison for donor database issues including installation, upgrades and patches, special projects or performance issues.
- Other duties as assigned, including annual Challenge event.
Experience in general accounting, data processing, database management, gift analysis or administration in a non-profit environment. Strong preference to those with experience in Raiser’s Edge or other CRM systems, Mineral Tree or QuickBooks. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Associates degree in Accounting or Business-related field preferred but not required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Maine Driver’s License is required.
- Analytical skills necessary for applying established policies and procedures.
- Ability to concentrate and focus attention to details in reviewing accounting documentation and recording accounting transaction.
- Exceptional in organizational skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills to interact well across the organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and perform a high volume of routine tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Technologically savvy and comfortable with Accounting and CRM software packages.