Client Program Director
JOB SUMMARY: This is a senior leadership position reporting to the Executive Director. The Client Program Director oversees all client services for the Dempsey Center’s two locations; South Portland and Lewiston, Maine. This Director oversees a team of licensed clinical social workers, complementary therapy practitioners, a volunteer coordinator, educational programming professionals, and client service specialist staff, both exempt and non-exempt, a sizable portion of the organization’s budget, and serves as a leader and role model throughout the organization. S/he collaborates with all members of the leadership team and Board of Directors, providing a client focus to support organizational goals in many dimensions, finance, quality, data collection and evaluation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES.
- 5-plus years in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization or healthcare related business.
- LCSW, or BSN required, advanced nursing or business degree preferred.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential including group presentation
- Passionate about the Dempsey Center’s mission and impact
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities
- Skilled in mentoring, coaching; be visible, approachable and serve as a sounding board/resource
- Demonstrated experience in leading change, inspiring people, improving efficiency, and meeting or exceeding budgets in an environment of limited resources
- Experience in program evaluation, tracking outcomes and demonstrating impact
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
- Experience in providing direct client care and/or interacting with clients
- Proven ability to lead change efforts with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor