Director of Clinical Services
Hours: Full Time (Days)
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA: Salaried (Exempt)
Location: South Portland and Lewiston
JOB SUMMARY: This is a senior leadership position reporting to the Executive Director. The Director of Clinical Services oversees all client services for the Dempsey Center’s two locations; South Portland and Lewiston, Maine. The Director of Clinical Services oversees client services staff, both exempt and non-exempt, a sizable portion of the organization’s budget, and serves as a leader and role model throughout the organization. S/he collaborates with all members of the leadership team and Board of Directors, providing a clinical perspective to support organizational goals in many dimensions, including complementary therapies, psychosocial services, client educational programs, finance, quality, data collection and evaluation.
Foster team environment and provide leadership to clinical and client services staff.
· Hold regular meetings with each staff member to review and set goals
· Facilitate bi-monthly team meetings
Provide supervision and daily guidance to staff ensuring that the service provided meets or exceeds clinical and procedural standards as outlined in standard work processes.
• Hold daily “huddles” with Client Services staff in both locations (one virtually)
• Direct the development and implementation of standard work processes
• Provide daily coaching and counseling
Participate in performance improvement initiatives and demonstrate the use of quality improvement in daily operations including training and competency assessments for staff and volunteers.
• Conduct onboarding activities and performance evaluations of all assigned staff
• Interface with Human Resources Department on personnel related issues as needed, including recruitment, hiring and termination of staff
Develop and monitor processes and procedures for collecting data needed for measuring client outcomes and impact.
Provide guidance to Development, Communications and Outreach staff regarding communication of Dempsey Center programs/services to healthcare community.
Assist the Executive Director with strategic planning and presentations to the Board of Directors regarding clinical services.
Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement by:
• Actively participating in supervision with direct supervisor; and
• Achieving personal and professional goals as determined each year.
Supports the accomplishments of organizational goals by:
• Aligning work to support the adopted standards and ensuring that clients (and volunteers, staff, business partners, vendors) are better off because of your actions;
• Collecting data to support performance measures;
• Making data informed recommendations to increase the satisfaction of our clients;
• Developing and effectively maintaining internal staff and external relationships.
Supervision: Supervises the following positions; Client Services Team Lead (1 per location), Manager of Complementary Therapies, Manager of Psychosocial Services, Director of Programs
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: