Client Experience Specialist Assistant (Client Facing Position)
Position: Client Experience Specialist Assistant – Day or Evening
Department: Front Desk Support
Location: South Portland
Supervisor: Client Experience Specialist Manager
Purpose of Position: The Client Experience Specialist Assistant (CSA) works on the team that is the first friendly face seen at the Dempsey Center, ensuring clients and visitors are welcomed in a caring, compassionate manner. The volunteer assigned to CSA role provides services to enhance the client experience. This is accomplished by taking responsibility for completing administrative tasks in a timely and organized manner to assist staffers at the front reception area.
Commitment: Flexible hours (minimum of 2 hours a week) out of the South Portland office.
Regular Duties Include:
- Greet and welcome Dempsey Center visitors; direct inquiries to designated department
- Check clients in for appointments and programs (using MindBody)
- Call to confirm future appointments for the next business day
- Confirm, cancel or reschedule appointments in MindBody
- Create “contact logs” of interactions in MindBody with clients
- Answer Dempsey Center visitors’ questions as they arise, utilize resources including the Dempsey Center website
- Answer the phone and direct calls to staff as needed
- Maintain general appearance of the spaces within the Center (library, coffee and side tables, periodicals, pamphlets)
- Will assist with room set-up as required for programs, functions, or events
- Accept walk-in donations, assisting in form completion and logging donation for accounting department
- Perform other operational support duties, such as filing, scanning, photocopying and faxing as needed
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer programs to include Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently utilizing multiple office equipment
- Knowledgeable of the Center’s programs and services
- Demonstrates professionalism with all Dempsey Center visitors and staff having warm and friendly disposition when managing calls
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Reliable attendance
- Empathic and caring, open minded, dependable with a healthy sense of humor always appreciated
- Demonstrates Dempsey Center core values and displays a passion for the Center’s mission to make life better for people impacted by cancer
- Must attend Dempsey Experience Training
- Maintains professional behavior, dress, and appearance at all times while volunteering
- Must use discretion and protect the confidentiality of all Dempsey Center clients.; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.
Required for All Volunteers:
- Background check
- Annual Influenza Immunization or Declination Notice
- COVID19 vaccination + Bivalent Booster
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Dempsey Center
The Dempsey Center promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. The Dempsey Center encourages applications from qualified candidates of every age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and veteran status.
At the Dempsey Center, we celebrate diversity, advance equity, and create a culture of respect and belonging built on safety, human dignity, and bravery.