Position Title: Inventory Specialist
Reports to: Director of Finance + Operations & Office Manager
Position Location: Dempsey Center, South Portland location
Schedule and Hours: Flexible during regular Dempsey Center office hours. Minimum of 2 hours per shift. The volunteer in this position will need to coordinate with the manager to schedule work times so as to not disturb in-person client appointments.
In preparation for our move next June to Rock Row, we are looking for an inventory volunteer to photograph and inventory all of our South Portland Center’s furniture and fixtures. The volunteer in this position will work with the Office Manager and the Director of Finance + Operations to compile an inventory of all furniture and fixtures in our South Portland Center.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Photographing furniture and fixtures
- Creating and updating an Excel spreadsheet to document furniture and fixtures
- Uploading photographs to Excel spreadsheet
- Reading a tape measure to document dimensions of furniture and fixtures
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates Dempsey Center core values and displays a passion for the Center’s mission to make life better for people impacted by cancer
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and data entry
- Experience with using digital camera and uploading digital photographs
- Experience reading and documenting measurements using a tape measure
- Intermediate level of technology knowledge
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for the duration of the shift
- Occasional bending, twisting and reaching
- Requires intermediate or better proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, and Outlook, or equivalent.
- Must attend Dempsey Experience Training.
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times while volunteering.
- Must use discretion and protect the confidentiality of all Dempsey Center clients.; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, Board members, donors, prospects, volunteers, consultants, advisors, and members of the community.
Required for all Volunteers:
- Annual flu immunization or declination notice
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Dempsey Center
At the Dempsey Center, we celebrate diversity, advance equity, and create a culture of respect and belonging built on safety, human dignity, and bravery.
The Dempsey Center promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. The Dempsey Center encourages applications from qualified candidates of every age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and veteran status.