A cancer diagnosis can be life changing, taking an emotional and physical toll on cancer patients and their families. For many people, the financial impact of cancer is also a daunting reality.
- Cancer patients may have many financial questions.
- How do I pay for treatment and medication?
- What can I do with my mounting debt?
- Can my credit union or bank help?
- What do I do if I can’t work?
- What community resources can help me with the financial burden of cancer?
Cancer and Financial Health is designed to answer these questions and more.
Led by a panel of local experts, this workshop is designed to help you learn about and better manage financial challenges that may arise during and after cancer treatment. The evening will include time for you to ask questions of panel members.
- Tori Lavoie, Financial Advocate Manager, New England Cancer Specialists – Optimizing Insurance and Access to Medication
- Nicole Lemieux, Branch Manager, Town & Country Federal Credit Union – Coping with the Financial Impact of Cancer
- Elizabeth Newport, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration – Understanding Social Security and Disability Insurance
This workshop is open to cancer patients, survivors, care partners, friends and family.