DempseyCenter.org and DempseyChallenge.org are now combined into a new and improved website.
Information for the Dempsey Challenge can be found under “Dempsey Challenge” in our main navigation.
Jackson Labs and the Dempsey Center Present a FREE program will help you use family history information to identify patients who might benefit from increased cancer screening, genetic testing, and/or referral to a genetics specialist.
Appropriate for: Primary care physicians, advanced practice nurses, and physician assistants.
Jackson Labs and the Dempsey Center Present:Cancer Genetics Management in the Primary Care Setting
Susan Miesfeldt, MD & Gregory Feero, MD, PhD
Jens Rueter, MD
The program features:
1) An educational workshop for primary care physicians, advanced practice nurses, and physician assistants
2) Monthly digital educational opportunities to reinforce and build on skills learned during the workshop
3) Access to online and mobile resources to help you implement these new skills into your practice
Learn about and practice:
– How genomic tests and research discoveries are impacting patient care
– Collecting a family history with sufficient detail to be useful in identifying patients at risk for cancer
– Analyzing a family history to identify patients at increased or high risk of cancer
– Communicating the benefits and limitations of genetic testing to patients
– Discussing genetic testing results with patients
– Applying evidence-based guidelines for clinical management decision making
– LUNCH INCLUDED. Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending. –
Location: The Dempsey Center, 29 Lowell Street, 5th Floor, Lewiston, ME
Registration required by phone 207-795-8250, or online below.