– Dr. Leo Buscaglia
The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing provides free support, education and wellness services to anyone impacted by cancer. Since our doors opened in 2008, the Dempsey Center’s contacts have increased consistently, demonstrating the need for our services.
The Dempsey Center’s warm, inviting environment includes a cancer resource center and lending library, integrative medicine rooms, Healing Garden, private consult rooms, health and fitness room, wig and headwear room, a demonstration kitchen, and dedicated space for cancer support group meetings and educational programs.
The Dempsey Center Offers:
- Massage, Reiki, yoga, Tai Chi, meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation ongoing series
- Toll-free cancer assistance line: 1-877-336-7287
- Short-term therapeutic counseling services
- Financial resource counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Nutrition for Life series
- Community cancer-related health outreach and education
- Professionally facilitated cancer and caregiver support groups
- Educational workshops on a variety of cancer and wellness-related topics
- Patient Navigation
- The Healing Tree program, which offers support, education and wellness services for youth and families impacted by cancer.
- Space to Breathe and Space to Grieve, adolescent outdoor adventure programs
- Interactive website and social media
- A cancer resource Lending Library including books, periodicals and DVDs
The Dempsey Center offers the most comprehensive cancer and wellness services in Central Maine. We are able to provide free services to anyone impacted by cancer thanks to funds raised through the annual Dempsey Challenge, corporate sponsors, foundations and grants, and individual donations. To learn more about how you can contribute to the Dempsey Center, click here.