POSITION: Clayton’s House Host
DEPARTMENT: Clayton’s House
REPORTS TO: House Manager
LOCATION: Portland, ME
Schedule & Hours Commitment:
Monday – Thursday, shifts are from 8:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm- 5:30pm. Shifts on Friday are 8:30am-11:30am and 11:30am – 2:30pm. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one scheduled shift a week.
Be the “host or hostess” of Clayton’s House; provide excellent guest services; help keep Clayton’s House clean and organized.
- Greet guests, answer phones/e-mail, help with check-ins/check-outs, and give tours/house orientation.
- Follow-up on referrals, schedule Dempsey Center Orientations. Complete and file paperwork.
- Assist guests with general questions about the House, the Dempsey Center and providing guests with concierge-level services including support with Dempsey Connects programming.
- Clean and stage guest rooms, maintain House laundry, clean common areas, re-stock items around the House, etc. Keep our kitchen spotless and welcoming for guest. Clean out refrigerators, empty dishwashers, re-stock kitchen supplies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to respectfully establish and enforce personal and professional boundaries
- Friendly, personable disposition
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all information pertaining to guest families, volunteers, employees, and the operations of the House.
Required Education or Certifications:
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Must attend 4- or 8-hour Dempsey Center Culture Training.
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times while volunteering.
- Must use discretion and protect the confidentiality of all Dempsey Center clients.; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.
- If the work includes direct client interaction, must complete background check and have/or opt out of flu shot.