Reports to: Client Experience Specialist
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full time
Location: South Portland, ME
The Client Experience Specialist (CXS) is the first friendly face seen at the Dempsey Center ensuring clients and visitors are welcomed in a caring and compassionate manner. The CXS member is responsible for greeting clients and guests, answering calls, scheduling client appointments, managing client intake process, overseeing mail distribution and maintaining waiting areas. In addition to keeping the front desk in order, CXS will work with fellow Client Care Team members and volunteers to support the Center’s vision, values, and organizational culture.
Essential Functions and Core Responsibilities
- Answer phones, greet clients and visitors ensuring their experience is helpful and pleasant.
- Represent Dempsey Center in a positive, welcoming manner.
- Listen, hold space and be present for each client, direct client to appropriate resources, both internally and externally.
- Provide tours, meet individually with clients, provide resources, complete applicable in-take information/paperwork and input accurate and complete client information into client management system, MindBody.
- Assign memberships, determine eligibility for client services.
- Schedule appointments, answering or referring inquiries, direct clients to classes and programs.
- Maintain waiting room space, including ensuring library resources and other printed materials are organized and made available to clients.
- Prepare program and service rooms for client use, including set up and break down of Acupuncture clinics, support groups space, and other gatherings as needed.
- Ensure general program supplies, including complementary snacks and water are adequately available for the client experience.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and deliveries.
- Ensure general office supplies are in stock and replenished.
- Perform other operational support duties, such as filing, scanning, photocopying and faxing as needed.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Proficiency in client database management (ideally Mindbody or equivalent), Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing software, and other computer skills, as required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an accurate and timely constituent record.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional manner when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations.
- Highly effective communication skills (speaking, reading, writing, active listening)
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to the Center’s mission.
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow-through to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential
- Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal oversight and
- Passion for Dempsey Center’s mission to make life better for people impacted by cancer.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Dempsey Center
The Dempsey Center promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. The Dempsey Center encourages applications from qualified candidates of every age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and veteran status.
Licensure, Registration, and Certification
- Valid Maine Driver’s License
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, clients, Board members, donors and potential donors, volunteers, consultants, advisors, and members of the community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Requires intermediate or better proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook, or equivalent.
Responsibility for Confidential Matters
Works regularly with highly confidential information. Must comply with confidentiality policies and procedures. Utmost discretion and integrity are required for the job.
Responsibility for Getting Along with Others
Regularly represents the Dempsey Center and interprets its policies and practices to all types of people within and outside the organization. Assumes responsibility for harmonious relationships. Treats everyone with dignity and respect.
Receives guidance based on specific deliverables for the job. Work is carried out in collaboration with others while maintaining alignment with organizational directives and guidelines.
Responsible for indirect mentoring of core volunteers.
The job requires some motor ability such as the handling or operation of a telephone, personal computer, copy machine, etc.; such operations are not a primary component of the job, nor is speed a basic requirement.
Required for all employees:
- Background check
- Annual flu immunization
- COVID19 vaccination