POSITION: Volunteer Program Assistant
STAFF LEAD: Program Coordinator
FREQUENCY: 4 hours per week
LOCATION: Lewiston or South Portland
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility is to assist the Program Coordinator with the Dempsey Center website to monitor, edit and update program content, and support group information to maintain current information. Enter program evaluations to the Access database, add workshops, classes and support groups to the Program Calendar Handout which is printed for distribution and other duties as they pertain to programs.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists the Program Coordinator with data entry and processes as related to programs so that statistical information can be collected.
- Assists with maintaining inventories of necessary supplies such as evaluation forms, program title cards, program folders, and attendance sheets.
- Organizes and oversees projects as requested. Completes all projects and assignments in a timely manner.
- Interacts with staff, clients and volunteers in a consistent manner, provides attention, support, and assistance to foster a pleasant, professional and calm environment of exceptional service.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and encourages a collaborative work environment.
- Models excellent customer service and makes client service a priority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must attend Dempsey Center Training
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times while volunteering
- Must use discretion and protect the confidentiality of all Dempsey Center clients; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.
- If the work includes direct client interaction, must complete background check and have/or opt out of flu shot.