Clayton’s House Host (Client Facing Position)
POSITION: Clayton’s House Host
DEPARTMENT: Clayton’s House
REPORTS TO: House Manager
LOCATION: Portland, ME
Schedule & Hours Commitment:
Monday – Friday, shifts are from 9am-1pm and 12pm- 4pm. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one scheduled shift a week. This is a year-round commitment.
Shifts Currently Available:
- Mondays 12pm-4pm
- Wednesdays 12pm-4pm
- Thursdays 12pm-4pm
Be the “host or hostess” of Clayton’s House; provide excellent guest services; help keep Clayton’s House clean and organized.
- Greet guests, give tours/house orientation, perform on-site guest check-out, check guests in/out utilizing software.
- Personalize guest welcome binder, update communication boards, etc.
- Assist guests with general questions about the House, the Dempsey Center and providing guests with concierge-level services including support with Dempsey Connects programming.
- Turn over room in between guests, clean and stage guest rooms, maintain House laundry, clean common areas, re-stock items around the House, etc. Keep our kitchen spotless and welcoming for guests. Clean out refrigerator, empty dishwasher, re-stock kitchen supplies, etc.
- Assist with light, outdoor upkeep.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to respectfully establish and enforce personal and professional boundaries
- Friendly, personable disposition
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all information pertaining to guest families, volunteers, employees, and the operations of the House.
Required Education or Certifications:
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Must attend Dempsey Experience Training.
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times while volunteering.
- Must use discretion and protect the confidentiality of all Dempsey Center clients.; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.
Required for All Volunteers:
- Background check
- Annual Influenza Immunization or Declination Notice
- COVID-19 vaccination + Bivalent Booster
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Dempsey Center
The Dempsey Center promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. The Dempsey Center encourages applications from qualified candidates of every age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and veteran status.
At the Dempsey Center, we celebrate diversity, advance equity, and create a culture of respect and belonging built on safety, human dignity, and bravery.