POSITION: Clayton’s House Host
DEPARTMENT: Clayton’s House
REPORTS TO: House Manager
LOCATION: Portland, ME
Schedule & Hours Commitment:
Monday – Friday, shifts are usually from 9am-1pm and 12pm- 4pm. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one scheduled shift a week. This is a year-round commitment.
SHIFTS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
- Mondays 12pm-4pm
- Fridays 830am-1230pm
Be the “host or hostess” of Clayton’s House; provide excellent guest services; help keep Clayton’s House clean and organized.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Guest Services:
- Personalize guest welcome binder, update communication boards, etc.
- Greet guests, give tours/house orientation, perform on-site guest check-in/out
- Assist guests with general questions about the House, the Dempsey Center, and provide guests with concierge-level services including support with Dempsey Connects programming
- Provides orientation on Learning Management Software.
- House Operations:
- Conduct room turnover in between guests, clean and stage guest rooms
- Maintain House laundry, clean common areas, re-stock items for each room on each floor
- Keep the kitchen spotless and welcoming for guests – Clean out refrigerator, empty dishwasher, re-stock kitchen supplies.
- Reservation & Client Management:
- Document guest check-in/out, monitor reservation schedule, and document guest notes via MindBody software
- Update Guest Welcome Binders via Canva
- Utilize Microsoft Teams as for sourcing Clayton’s House information, forms for tracking and data monitoring.
- Misc. Projects:
- Assist with light, outdoor upkeep
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to respectfully establish and enforce personal and professional boundaries
- Friendly, personable disposition
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all information pertaining to guest families, volunteers, employees, and the operations of the House.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to comfortably walk up and down stairs
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for duration of shift (up to 4 hours)
- Must attend Dempsey Experience Training.
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times while volunteering.
- Must use discretion and protect the confidentiality of all Dempsey Center clients.; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, Board members, donors, prospects, volunteers, consultants, advisors, and members of the community.
Required for All Client Facing Volunteers:
- Background check
- Annual Influenza Immunization or Declination Notice
- COVID-19 vaccination + Bivalent Booster
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Dempsey Center
The Dempsey Center promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. The Dempsey Center encourages applications from qualified candidates of every age, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and veteran status.
At the Dempsey Center, we celebrate diversity, advance equity, and create a culture of respect and belonging built on safety, human dignity, and bravery.
Click here to apply!