Position Title: Reiki Programming Facilitator
Reports to: Complementary Therapies Manager
Supervises others: Yes
Area: Complementary Therapies
Schedule and Hours Required: Schedule varies; approximately 2 – 4 hours/per week
Position Location: Lewiston & South Portland Dempsey Centers
The Reiki programming facilitator volunteer position is for a Reiki Master level teacher comfortable preparing for and leading an Intro to Reiki one-hour workshop, and will serve as the primary person to organize, implement, and present a three-hour Reiki for Self-Care Workshop.
- Work with staff program coordinators and the complementary therapies manager to prepare for Reiki related programs.
- Support recruiting and engaging center Reiki volunteers to assist with Reiki programs.
- Confirm program space, registrations and schedules.
- Feel confident in offering the history and practice of Reiki.
- Present and train existing program content, materials and resources in appropriate formats with the goal of participants obtaining the ability to provide Reiki for self-care and the care of others.
- Facilitate group or team work.
- Set clear expectations for participants of how their 1- or 3-hour class time will be spent.
- Manage participant sign in log.
- Abide by room and material use guidelines.
- Log volunteer hours.
- Attend bi-monthly Reiki volunteer meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- Calm, confident, friendly demeanor creating a safe environment for clients.
- Demonstrates empathy and compassion to those impacted by cancer.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to listen attentively without judgment.
- Refrains from offering professional or personal advice outside of this positions scope of work.
- Comfortable in a patient care-oriented environment.
- Understands and strictly adheres to guidelines of confidentiality and client privacy, both inside and outside the Dempsey Center.
- Understands and practices all aspects of client safety.
- Must hold certification at a Reiki Master Level.
- Must practice Reiki on a regular basis.
Ability to sit or stand for up to 3 hours, lift up to 25 pounds, move program chairs, roll tables to set up or breakdown space.
- Must attend 8-hour Dempsey Center culture training
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times while volunteering
Must use discretion and take confidentiality seriously; HIPAA-specific training will be provided.